Skip to main content

Naps Are Good

 In class today, I spent a lot of time doing research and developed a thesis for my rational argument essay. I decided to to only focus on the benefits of naps, rather than discussing any controversy. My thesis states: Contrary to what many people think, naps can be very beneficial if done the right way. 

I decided to only focus on the positive side of naps after having a long conversation with Dr. Kyburz. While talking, I discovered that I really enjoy naps. I take a nap almost every day, and they are usually good. Because of this, it will be much easier to argue for the benefits of napping rather than arguing both sides. 

My argument will be much more genuine, making it more enjoyable to write and read. I will also be able to get deeper into the topic because I'm only arguing one side. For each source I quote, I will have a deep dive into how in contributes to my thesis. I will also discuss some challenges with naps, but I'll write about them as challenges to overcome in order to have better naps, not challenges that will ruin your nap.

This development in my essay will make it much easier to start writing. As of now, I've written my intro and thesis, as well as found all of the sources I need.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting a Haircut

     Contrary to the title of this blog, I am not getting a haircut. This is due to the many bad haircuts that I've had in the past. 99% of these bad haircuts happened when I went to a new barber. Since my last bad haircut, I've learned my lesson. As of right now, I have decided to not go to any barber but my own in my hometown.       However, because I'm so far from home, it's been over 3 months since I've had a haircut. This leads me to ask the questions: How much longer can I wait? At what point does the bad shaggy look of my hair outweigh the risk of a bad haircut? Other factors need to be considered.       First of all, this is college. I'm focused on school and wrestling. I'm not really trying to impress anyone. Does that fact contribute to the haircut or no haircut argument? I'm not sure. Secondly, it will be beanie and hoodie weather soon. A beanie will completely cover my head, whether my hair is long or not. Finally, how w...

Kman

      Since I started class at NCC, I've been eating at Kaufman dining hall (also known as Kman) for every 3 out 4 meals. Although its only been 4 weeks, I've learned about the many advantages and disadvantages of eating at there.     To start with the benefits, Kman is close to Seager residence hall, where I currently live. This allows me to quickly get food when I'm in a rush. All my meals are already paid for at Kman as well. I have 17 swipes per week but the majority of the time, I only eat there twice a day. I can however eat as much as I want each time I swipe. Due to this fact, the CPD at Kman is basically infinite. CPD stands for "calories per dollar". The service at Kman is also a postive. The staff always asks how I'm doing and tells me to enjoy my day. When it comes to the food, Kman might be considered mid. Some positives, however, would be the cereal station which is open 24/7, the cantaloupe and honeydew which is always available, and the dess...

Chasing Coral

    A specific scene that stood out to me was the part when the corals unusually started glowing neon. No one knew why this was happening at first, but they found that the corals did this in order to protect themselves from climate change. The bright colors reflect the light, reducing the heat that the corals absorb. This is fascinating but also very sad because they are only doing this because they are so close to dying. Turning neon is their last stand against the rising temperature of their habitat.    It surprised me that coral are considered animals, not plants. And they are also very very big. I thought corals were tiny things living together, but they are very big in reality. Corals are made up of thousands of things called polyps and they all have mouths and stomachs just like animals. They also coexist with plants that live on top of them. These plant cells make food that the corals can eat. Another thing that surprised me was the fact that parrotfish e...