Skip to main content

Wrestling Season

 Now that October has started, the winter sports are right around the corner. This means wrestling season for me. We've been doing preseason work since the school year started, but our official practices start on Monday. Soon after that, we will start to compete. 

After my high school career ended, I had a few knee injuries to deal with. I had two surgeries on the meniscus in my left knee and one surgery on my right knee. Because of the long recovery process, I haven't competed since my last season ended in March and I just started practicing again recently. Because this has been my longest break from competition and is also my freshman year, there is a lot of anticipation going into this season. 

There is also a lot of excitement going into this season for the team as well. Last year, North Central finished 3rd as a team at nationals. This year, almost everyone is back along with a good freshman class, so we are ranked 2nd in country. This isn't bad, but we expect to win the tournament and become the 2023 national champs. We're going to make history as a team this year, so there is a lot to be excited about.



Comments

  1. Hopefully you can bring a national championship home. Good luck this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite incredible that you have the will and determination to get back up and do wrestling again. I know that doing any sport takes an extreme amount of effort, time and determination. After getting to talk with you for a bit, I have faith that you will do good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Coral

    A specific scene that stood out to me was the part when the corals unusually started glowing neon. No one knew why this was happening at first, but they found that the corals did this in order to protect themselves from climate change. The bright colors reflect the light, reducing the heat that the corals absorb. This is fascinating but also very sad because they are only doing this because they are so close to dying. Turning neon is their last stand against the rising temperature of their habitat.    It surprised me that coral are considered animals, not plants. And they are also very very big. I thought corals were tiny things living together, but they are very big in reality. Corals are made up of thousands of things called polyps and they all have mouths and stomachs just like animals. They also coexist with plants that live on top of them. These plant cells make food that the corals can eat. Another thing that surprised me was the fact that parrotfish e...

Getting a Haircut

     Contrary to the title of this blog, I am not getting a haircut. This is due to the many bad haircuts that I've had in the past. 99% of these bad haircuts happened when I went to a new barber. Since my last bad haircut, I've learned my lesson. As of right now, I have decided to not go to any barber but my own in my hometown.       However, because I'm so far from home, it's been over 3 months since I've had a haircut. This leads me to ask the questions: How much longer can I wait? At what point does the bad shaggy look of my hair outweigh the risk of a bad haircut? Other factors need to be considered.       First of all, this is college. I'm focused on school and wrestling. I'm not really trying to impress anyone. Does that fact contribute to the haircut or no haircut argument? I'm not sure. Secondly, it will be beanie and hoodie weather soon. A beanie will completely cover my head, whether my hair is long or not. Finally, how w...

Credible Sources

 During our CARD class yesterday, we went to the library for a presentation. We learned where we can find sources, which ones we should use, and how to cite them. After this class period, I felt a lot better about choosing which sources I should use for my final essay. The essay is due in December, but in order to have a well structured and in-depth paper, I need to start finding credible sources now. Our first option for sources is provided by the North Central library. All students can go to the library website ( here ) and find a menu offering multiple options for research. From that menu, we can search for journals, articles, books, and other references. There are thousands of sources already available, but if we can't find what we need for our topic, we can request more sources. This will be extremely helpful for my essay.  When choosing a source, it's important to determine which ones are credible. Credible sources need to come from a trustworthy study. Studies that we c...